stat counter

Sunday, January 03, 2016

A laid back start to the year


The new year is getting off to a slow start. I’m not pushing myself to get a lot done. Did a couple of loads of laundry, paid some bills, filled out my “to do” list for the week and managed to tick someone off  on facebook. You know, the usual stuff. It has been a cold day.  The sun must have thought it was too cold to come out too, since it has been hiding behind the lovely little fluffy cotton clouds all day.  But there have been patches of blue sky peeking out between the clouds, so it hasn’t been a dreary day, just a cold one.
  And I am very proud of myself!  Mr. G gave me a smartphone for Christmas.  It arrived after Christmas, but that’s another story.  At any rate, I  HATED it.  Couldn’t figure out how to do ANYthing with it. I was perfectly happy having a dumb phone that just made and received calls and text messages, but Mr. G heard me say once that I guessed I’d have to get a smartphone one day, and ta-da!  He decided now was the day and bought  me one.  I am happy to report that I have now managed to transfer my contact list from the old phone to the new one.  But best of all, I now have my faithful old rooster ringtone  back! Maybe if I keep plugging away and googling for  answers I’ll figure out how to use all the bells and whistles and grow to love it, just as I did the Kindle Fire, which I also hated at first.    

Hoping that your New Year is off to a good start and that the year holds  promise and hope and love for us all.

No comments: