stat counter

Wednesday, April 04, 2018

More Pollen! I Just Can't stop Whining, Can I?

We had storms last night.  The wind howled around the corners of the house, thunder roared, lightning crashed and zigzagged through the night sky, and rain fell. There was  enough wind and rain to knock a few  catkins  out of the trees and litter them across the deck,  and there is  a little less pollen on my car,  but according to  the 5-day pollen forecast on  the weather.com site, there is still a lot of pollen out there.

Here's a pic of the tree in our neighbor's yard.   It may look  as though it's covered with  green leaves, but  there are actually very few leaves. What you  may think are leaves are actually a  multitude of catkins- all waiting to release their  pollen.  Those of us in  close proximity will greet the release with a symphony of  sneezes. Ah, Spring!
Tomorrow is chemo treatment day for me, so  there may not be  any blog posts  for a couple of days.  Instead of my  usual long-winded ramblings, I'll try to post some   pics of  new blooms in the garden. 

No comments: