stat counter

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mimosa Blossom Soap- Sort Of


Yesterday was a soapmaking day. My plan was to make some small test batches of new soaps. I knew exactly what I wanted the mimosa soap to look like. Sadly, whenever I know exactly what I want soap to look like, it never quite does. My plan was to incorporate the green of the ferny leaves topped with white and pink blossoms and something to give it a fluffy look. Of course, I was working with a previously untried fragrance oil blend, not knowing whether I would have a nice slow tracing soap with plenty of time to work with color, or whether I would have soap on a stick as soon as I stirred in the fragrance. Luckily, while the soap moved fast, it didn't move furiously fast. But it was setting up pretty quickly by the time I went to pour it in the mold. It didn't come out looking like I'd hoped it would, and definitely needs to be trimmed, but it could have been worse- and it does smell good- almost as good as the real thing!

5 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Mmmmm! What a pretty soap. Reminds me of a watermelon actually. I bet te mimosa scent is heavenly.

Unknown said...

Thanks, twinville. It does have watermelon colors, doesn't it. Hadn't noticed that :)

Anne-Marie said...

Even though it didn't turn out as planned...it still looks awesome! I adore the little details on top. Cute!

Anne-Marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Thanks, Anne-Marie. I don't often venture into pastels or bright colors-maybe I should work on that...